Fixing easy bugs is an excellent method to start contributing patches to Gluster.
- Bugs which are marked with EasyFix flag can be found from below BugZilla query.
- To fix EasyFix bugs,
- When you pick an EasyFix you want to work on, assign it to yourself and move it to ASSIGNED
- Check Bug report life cycle and follow it.
- Check Developers page for details about development workflow, GlusterFS design documents etc.
Sometimes an Easy Fix bug has a patch attached. In those cases, the Patch keyword has been added to the bug. These bugs can be used by new contributors that would like to verify their workflow. Bug 1099645 is one example of those.
Guidelines for new comers
- While trying to write a patch, do not hesitate to ask questions.
- If something in the documentation is unclear, we do need to know so that we can improve it.
- There are no stupid questions, and it's more stupid to not ask questions that others can easily answer. Always assume that if you have a question, someone else would like to hear the answer too.
Reach out to the developers in #gluster or #gluster-dev on Freenode IRC, or on one of the mailing lists, try to keep the discussions public so that anyone can learn from it.